What if my care worker requests information from me that is unrelated to the care I require, for example, financial information?

The information you choose to provide to a care worker is your choice. You have the option of including information regarding your goals and needs on your client profile, which your care worker can use to help them deliver quality, person-centred care. You should not provide your care workers with any information that is not directly related to your care and that you feel uncomfortable disclosing.

If you have concerns about the conduct of your care worker, please talk the matter over with family members, or your chosen representative, and contact the Mable team on 1300 73 65 73.

Alternatively, you can make an anonymous call to the Health Care Complaints Commission to discuss any issues further at www.hccc.nsw.gov.au or 1800 043 159. Remember, you always have the choice to stop engaging a particular care worker and choose another, if you have any concerns.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles